Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The best hairdresser in Barcelona - Anthony Llobet

Getting a haircut in Spain might sometimes be risky - at least if you have naturally thinner, softer and blonder hair than the average customer. Your great vision about those honey-shade, soft blonde highlights can easily turn into a complete catastrophe when after spending 45 minutes under the heat lamp you realize your hair is as white as your dear grandma's. I have been spending months hunting the perfect hairdresser here, and after several (rather unlucky) attempts I finally found one I can actually recommend. Ladies and gentlemen, proudly presenting: Anthony Llobet!

Retro style in Raval salon

This English-Catalan hair artist opened his first salon in Barcelona over 10 years ago and since then has been expanding the chain to all central barrios of Barcelona. Their slogan "Don't let your Spanish come between you and your hair" is not only catchy but also true: the staff speaks a total of 11 languages, apart from English.

What also made me feel comfortable is their clear price policy. See, when going to a Spanish hairdresser, you almost never know how much the final bill will be. This is because they basically charge about everything but  separately: washing the hair, putting the conditioner, adding possible other products, drying the hair, using hair spray.. I have lost my nerves too many times when arguing about these additional services I never asked for.

Super cool chairs!
I went to the Raval salon and paid 70 euros for a cut and full head highlights for my long hair. I think it was a fair deal - they understood 100 % what I wanted, the shade was perfect, the cut was good and service extremely friendly. My boyfriend tried out the salon in Borne, paid 18 euros for a cut and left smiling at the results. 

More information and prices at http://www.anthonyllobet.com/. Warmly recommend!



6 comments:

  1. thanks alot for this blog - i've been hunting for a decent hairdresser for so long. several times I've actually been TURNED AWAY because the hairdressers are too nervous about working with my blonde hair that they deem too delicate. Another couple of times I have walked away almost in tears, once with an absolutely disastrous orange mop that I paid over €100 for (it looked good in the salon but on closer inspection at home, it was a blotchy mess). It's not that they misunderstand me as I speak spanish very well - it's the hair they misunderstand.

    Anyway, I'm looking forward to trying Antony Llobet, optimistic that finally their hairdressers won't have a problem working with fine, blonde hair. Thanks :D

    natasha (www.natashadrewnicki.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Anthony Llobet in Gracia and it wasn't such a good experience. I have blonde hair as well and I went there also because I read this blog.
    The hairdresser, Jay, didn't agreed with me about the hair style and wanted me to do something different (make my hair darker even thou I have very fair skin). He gave me the feeling I will look very unnatural with what I wanted (light highlites). Therefore I was freaked out the whole time. Then, while dying my hair he was constantly running off and everything seemed more important to him then my hair. He even picked up someone else's phone and left me sitting there without saying a word. He didn't even care to offer a magazine when he left me waiting 20 minutes with the colour plus I couldn't see anything through the foils. When he was washing my hair, the water was really cold and he almost ripped my head off. He offered me some kind of improving treatement that costed me 20e and has made my hair from curly to almost straight. I am planning to go there if my hair doesn't start to curl soon. In the end the colour isn't bad, definitely doesn't look "plastic", the cut is too short but looks OK. (That's another thing I didn't want to cut it that much, since it's really hard to grow curly hair!)
    I will never go to a different hairdresser then my beloved Toni&Guy team in my hometown, Brno, CR. For the same price they offer the best services, give advice, actually talk to you and just make you feel like a princess.
    I am sorry the closest Toni&Guy is on the Canaries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone loves a special offer, and the hair cuts within dLook often add a special deal, so keep your eye out for coupons. These are regularly updated, with businesses providing discounts, extra services or other special offers, so keep visiting for hair cuts Quotes for the best deal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take a look at my blog post: how to get a rich man
    hairdressers in Edinburgh

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was wondering if I could use this write-up on my other website, I will link it back to your website though.Great Thanks.
    hairdressers in Paignton

    ReplyDelete