Sunday, November 13, 2011

Cutest cupcakes in Barcelona: Lolita bakery


If you like cupcakes, I’ve found you the perfect place. Lolita Bakery is definitely one of the cutest little cafes in town and all the pastries look simply mouthwatering. They could have been taken directly from a scene in Sofia Coppola’s movie “Marie Antoinette”. I have been avoiding going there because of my wheat allergy, but after giving up and drinking a delicious cherry flower tea and tasting their homemade meringue on Sunday afternoon I see no reason of not going back (especially if they would, some day, develop a gluten-free cupcake)! If I didn’t have the allergy, I would probably pop in every day for a different cupcake as I live just around the corner.. All my non-allergic friends are crazy about them.


The cupcakes come in three different sizes and there’s a ridiculous amount of absolutely amazing combinations of flavors to choose. Apart from cupcakes, they bake normal cakes also in three different sizes, letting you select the fillings and topping. They also have a special selection of other pastries for different events e.g. weddings; cookies, truffles, meringues, mmm, you name it!


 
In case your friend couldn’t make it there with you, no worries: there’s a vast amount of irresistibly cute gift packaging options at hand. (+ Next time when I am running out of bday present ideas, I know exactly where to go!)

There are currently two Lolita Bakeries in Barcelona: the one that I visited in el Borne (Portal Nou,20) and the most recently opened in Eixample (Provenca 267). They are open every day,  Mon – Fri  9-21 and Sat – Sun 12.30-20.30. More: www.lolitabakery.com

Afterwards, let me know what was your favorite cupcake!

1 comment:

  1. The last time I went there I tried one with banana and mango with cream cheese on top - amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete